- Q. What is the TAC committee and what is it's purpose?
A. Transportation Advisory Committee
- Q. What if a student's bus is more than 15 minutes late to the bus stop in the morning?
A. Parents should call our Transportation department (801)567-8840.
- They will radio the bus driver to determine the cause of delay and the estimated time for arrival. Parents will then be contacted about the status of the bus.
- Transportation will notify the school of a late bus.
- If Transportation knows that a bus is going to be more than 15 minutes late due to circumstances beyond their control i.e. weather, mechanical failure, traffic delays, etc. the Transportation department will send out a Skylert message to all those families that will be affected, as well as the schools.
- Q. What if a student's bus is going to be more than 15 minutes late bringing students home in the afternoon ?
A. If your school knows that a bus is going to be more than 15 minutes late due to circumstances beyond their control i.e. weather, mechanical failure, traffic delays, etc. your school will send out a Skylert message to all those families that will be affected.
- Q. How is the 1.5 or 2.0 miles required for eligibility for busing measured?
A. We use EDULOG routing and planning software to measure the distance. Not all GPS systems measure exactly the same, therefore, we use our EDULOG software for all measurements so all students are treated equally.
- To meet the state mandated requirements for measuring the distance, the measurements begin from your front door to the nearest public access to the school grounds, using the shortest public access route.
- Q. How are space available permits issued/revoked?
A. This information can be found on the Jordan School District website under Transportation:
- Q. How do I know where the bus stop is and when the bus pick-up time is?
A. This information can be found on the Jordan School District website under Parents & Students:
- Q. Is it possible for my child to get a one-day pass to ride the bus?
A. School administrators are authorized to grant a one-day pass to ride the school bus.
- Q. How do I communicate concerns about a bus driver?
A. Concerns about a bus driver should be made, preferably in writing, to the school administrator. Concerns can also be directed to the Transportation Department, call 801-567-8840.
- Q. Is it okay to board the school bus to speak to the bus driver?
A. Bus drivers are on a very tight schedule and must get students to school on time. Therefore, we ask that you not delay the driver from his/her route schedule. State law prohibits unauthorized individuals from boarding a school bus. If you have concerns about busing, please contact your school administrator or the Transportation Department.
- Q. When are the JSD schools closed due to severe weather?
A. The following guidelines have been adopted by all Jordan District schools:
- Q. Who do I contact about JSD Employee Service Vehicles (white fleet)?
A. The following link will direct you to Risk Management. There you will find the District Vehicle Guidelines, accident forms, and additional information regarding the use of District vehicles.