Custodial Services ~ Interested Applicants
Custodian Assistant Full Time
- Apply online
- Custodian Assistant
- Interviews are scheduled directly with Custodial Services.
- Jordan School District custodians are hired as custodial assistants and are given supervised training.
- During this training period, a trainee could work anytime starting Monday through Sunday at various schools or placed at a location.
- The starting wage for the 2023-2024 school year is Lane 2 Step 1: $16.92 per hour with full health and retirement benefits.
- After finishing the JCOS Basics and Management classes, Apprenticeships 1 & 2 and filling out the appropriate form from Sally, in as little as 3 months from your start date, you can me moved up to a Lane 3 Step 1: $17.93.
- During training, assistants may be placed at any of our schools and include afternoon and evening shifts
Student Sweepers Part Time
*Must be at least 14 years old to be eligible for Employment*
- Apply online
- Misc - Sweeper Student
- Contact Head Custodian directly for an interview
- Head Custodian will then send an email to the custodial department office requesting sweeper training
- Applicant will then watch their email for 3 forms to fill out and submit.
- The custodial department will get an email as soon as all three forms are complete and will sign the applicant up for the next available onboarding slot.
- Onboarding is held weekly on Mondays and Wednesdays from 3:00-4:00 pm (August - May), or 10:00-11:00 am (June & July) if you can not attend your assigned date, call 801-567-8740 to request an alternate date.
- Attend Sweeper Onboarding at Auxiliary Services Building (7905 S Redwood Rd, West Jordan-Entrance C) on Monday or Wednesday afternoons from 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm.
- Student Sweepers are required to bring the following items:
- Acceptable Documents that Establish Identity and Employment Authorization (refer to lists of acceptable documents in employment packet) (Examples: Student ID AND Passport, Original Birth Certificate or Original Social Security Card)
- All online paperwork must be completed before attending Sweeper Onboarding
Adult Sweepers Part Time and Adult Night Supervisors for Elementary Schools
- Apply online
- Misc - Sweeper Adult
- Contact School Head Custodian directly for an interview.
- The Schools Head Secretary will coordinate hiring process and paperwork.
- Schedule an onboarding appointment online with Human Resources before starting work.
- The Head Custodian will have the applicant watch a sweeper training video the first hour of their first day of work.
Sweeper Onboarding is necessary to instruct all new custodial employees on safe cleaning practices.
- Classes are held weekly on an as-needed basis
- Check-in is from 3:00 - 4:00 p.m (August-May) and 10:00 - 11:00 am (June & July)
- Those arriving after 4:00 p.m., during the school year, will not be allowed to onboard that day.
- The Sweeper Application Packet must be complete or you will not be allowed to onboard or be able to begin work.
- Onboarding is held at the Auxiliary Services building on 7905 S Redwood Rd, West Jordan - Entrance C
- If you need assistance call Custodial Services @ 801-567-8740