Free & Reduced Meal Application
This section is for those applying for free and reduced-price meals.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE RENEWED EVERY SCHOOL YEAR
WE WILL BE TAKING NEW APPLICATIONS FOR THE SCHOOL YEAR 2020-21 BEGINNING JULY 13, 2020
You will be notified by mail when the student has qualified.
Please send payment with your student until you have received a letter of notification from
the district office. Full price is charged until the application is processed.
- When a student qualifies for free or reduced meals, this includes breakfast (if your school participates in the breakfast program) and lunch. However, if your child chooses to bring a lunch from home, this does NOT include free milk for a home lunch.
- Use ONE free and reduced price school meals application for all students in your household. Applications are available at the Jordan School District Office, at all schools, or on-line using your Skyward login. You may turn in your application at the district office, mail it to Nutrition Services 7905 S. Redwood Road West Jordan Ut 84088, fax it to 801-567-8768 or at any of your student’s schools. Directions for completing the application online can be found below. If possible, turn the application in early to insure benefits are in place prior to the first day of school. There is an extremely high volume of applications received once school begins which can cause up to a 10-day delay in processing your application. Please remember that you are responsible for full price payment for your student’s meal until the application is processed. You MUST include all people living in your household, related or not, and all income received. Neither you nor your children have to be a U.S. citizen to qualify for free or reduced price meals. You may be selected for verification where you will be required to send proof of information you provided on the application.
- Households receiving WIC may be eligible for free or reduced price meals. Fill out an application to see if you qualify.
- You may apply at any time during the school year if your household size or income changes, or if you begin receiving Food Stamps, FEP, FDPIR or other benefits. You may also update your application by phone at any time during the year if your income decreases or your household size increases.
- Hard copies can be obtained from any school or you may call 801-567-8765 or 801-567-8769 to have one emailed or mailed to you.
- If you have any questions, please contact Julie Dunn at 801-567-8765.
Directions for completing online Free and Reduced Meal Application through Skyward Family Access
- Skyward family access is free to use and includes access to your child's account, purchased items, free and reduced application and low balance email notifications.
- Online application is not compatible on Microsoft Edge browser.
- Log into Family Access using the parent or guardian's login, not the students.
- Select Food Service to the left of the screen.
- On the top left side of the page, select all students and choose a student. Then, select application, select add application to start the process.
- If you are missing information or something is incorrect, it will say incomplete and will not let you select the submit button.
- Make sure to select the submit button when you finish.
Online School Meal Payments
- Skyward family access is free to use and includes access to your child's account, purchased items and low-balance e-mail notifications
- Log into Family Access using the parent or guardian's login, not the students
- Select on Food Service to the left of the screen
- Here you can see the account information for all of your students
- Step by step instructions on how to make a payment
- Jordan District Meal Deficit Procedure En Espanol