Free & Reduced Meal Application
This section is for those applying for free and reduced-price meals.
The USDA Free Meals Waiver has not been extended to the 2022-2023 school year. School meals will return to a free/reduced/paid price structure. Your children may qualify for free or reduced meals. Students who qualify for free or reduced price lunch automatically qualify for free or reduced breakfast.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE RENEWED EVERY SCHOOL YEAR
WE WILL BE TAKING NEW APPLICATIONS FOR THE 2022-23 SCHOOL YEAR BEGINNING JULY 12, 2022
You will be notified by mail when the student has qualified.
- When a student qualifies for free or reduced meals, this includes breakfast. However, if your child chooses to bring a lunch from home, this does NOT include free milk for a home lunch.
- Use ONE free and reduced price school meals application for all students in your household. Applications are available at the Jordan School District Office, at all schools, or on-line using your Skyward login. You may turn in your application at the district office, mail it to Nutrition Services 7905 S. Redwood Road West Jordan Ut 84088, fax it to 801-567-8768 or at any of your student’s schools. Directions for completing the application online can be found below. If possible, turn the application in early to insure benefits are in place prior to the first day of school. There is an extremely high volume of applications received once school begins which can cause up to a 10-day delay in processing your application. Please remember that you are responsible for full price payment for your student’s meal until the application is processed. You MUST include all people living in your household, related or not, and all income received. Neither you nor your children have to be a U.S. citizen to qualify for free or reduced price meals. You may be selected for verification where you will be required to send proof of information you provided on the application.
- Households receiving WIC may be eligible for free or reduced price meals. Fill out an application to see if you qualify.
- You may apply at any time during the school year if your household size or income changes, or if you begin receiving Food Stamps, FEP, FDPIR or other benefits. You may also update your application by phone at any time during the year if your income decreases or your household size increases.
- Hard copies can be obtained from any school or you may call 801-567-8765 or 801-567-8769 to have one emailed or mailed to you.
- Electronic copies can be downloaded from below and returned to Julie Dunn at Nutrition Services 7905 S. Redwood Road West Jordan Ut 84088.
- If you have any questions, please contact Julie Dunn at 801-567-8765.
Directions for completing online Free and Reduced Meal Application through Skyward Family Access
- Skyward family access is free to use and includes access to your child's account, purchased items, free and reduced application and low balance email notifications.
- Online application is not compatible on Microsoft Edge browser.
- Log into Family Access using the parent or guardian's login, not the students.
- Select Food Service to the left of the screen.
- On the top left side of the page, choose a student from the drop down menu. Then, select application, select add application to start the process.
- If you are missing information or something is incorrect, it will say incomplete "in red" and will not let you select the submit button.
- Make sure to select the submit button when you finish.
- Step by step instructions to fill out the free/reduced application online
Online Payments for School Meals & A La Carte Items:
(A regular meal contains a milk, entree (protein & bread/grain) and fruit/ veggie sides. A la carte items cost extra outside of a meal and include additional milk, bottled water, desserts etc.)
Skyward family access is free to use and includes access to your child's account, purchased items and low-balance e-mail notifications
- Log into Family Access using the parent or guardian's login, not the students
- Select on Food Service to the left of the screen
- Here you can see the account information for all of your students
- Step by step instructions for making a payment through Skyward
- Jordan District Meal Deficit Guidelines
Please contact Lori Nichols, Nutrition Service, at 801-567-8767 or email@example.com to request a refund of your student’s lunch account.
All refunds must be requested by Primary Guardian/Family 1 members.
All refund checks can only be issued to Primary Guardian/Family.
Please include your current mailing address on all email refund requests.
Refunds checks will take two (2) weeks to be received by the parent.
Please contact Lori Nichols, Nutrition Service, at 801-567-8767 or firstname.lastname@example.org to request a transfer between your student’s lunch accounts. Nutrition Services is only able to transfer between siblings.
Please contact Lori Nichols, Nutrition Service, at 801-567-8767 or email@example.com to request for your student(s) lunch funds to be donated to the Nutrition Services Donation for Deficit Lunch Account balances.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider