24-hour Alarm Response
The Department of Facility Security is to ensure and maintain the safest environment possible for our students, staff, visitors, and physical assets. We achieve this in the following ways:
- Maintain and constantly monitor school safety security equipment, to include card access, cameras, fire systems, AEDs and building security systems.
- Regularly communicate with local police and fire to ensure planning and response to all emergencies.
- Provide 24-hour response and support to schools and patrons. Assist with problems and emergencies; ensure a safe learning environment for all.
- Continually assess security through our JSSA. (Jordan Safety Security Assessment inspection). Help identify additional needs to ensure a safe learning environment.
All Jordan District buildings are under 24 hour surveillance
All doors and windows are monitored. Motion detectors monitor all halls. Any drop or alarm from the system is dispatched from a local alarm company to our alarm responders who will arrive and address any concerns. Any early-open or late-to-close alerts will be followed up by Alarm Response. Local law enforcement assists as needed.
Access codes are only assigned to key personnel as outlined in Policy DA153. Principals, assistant principals, custodians, head sweepers, head secretaries, and lunch managers as authorized to have a security code assigned to them. The alarm system is tied to our Card Access System and all badges are disabled until the alarm system is disarmed.
Facility Security Department Techs install and repair:
- AED, Automated External Defibrillator, inspections and maintenance
- JSSA, Jordan Safety, Security Assessment
- Fire Systems, inspection and repair
- Security Systems, inspection and repair
- Access Control Hardware District-wide
- CCTV Systems installation, inspection, and repair
- Mike Hulet
- Paul Stoddard
- Rodney Peck
- Kenny Hoyt
- Dave Green
- Lewis Cleveland